Snippets from first few days as a debutante at LMGC


           
Snippets from first few days as a debutante at LMGC                                   Today on founder's day I reminisce the day I joined La Martiniere Girls in the year 1984, with Mrs Keelor as the principal who interviewed me with both my parents and yes all due formalities were adhered to a tee..  she gave my dad the look and told him in her Anglo Indian tone Mr. Masood  "kitna baccha paida karega." ... i was the third in the line of the four siblings. So the day comes with Mrs Shepherd as my
lower prep teacher being familiar already as she had been the prep teacher to both my elder sisters,  very affectionately addressed us  as the 'Masood sisters'. Mummy picked me up dressed impeccably in her chiffon saree and took me as i gave off early and yes on a rickshaw ride.As my compensation for the first day of school on the way back treated me at Kwality the most upscale restaurant for all blue blooded people in the 80's.Then came days when the go-go ice cream wala bhaiyya recognized mum and at chutti time would smirk and say... mummy aayi hai toh aaj toh choco bar milegi... so mum, us sisters, three of my first cousins and two of my second cousins all gather at the ice cream wala for our treat. So mum is ripped off the time she sets foot in LMGC thanks to all the kindred. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cultivating a Growth Mindset

Loving the soul of an artist

Book Review: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott